Tuesday, June 3, 2008

One Year!

It's official, I have been here a whole year now. It's weird to think that last year at this time I was afraid to even take a shower in the Darkhan Hotel because I was still used to American standards... So much for that. I recently had to move to a different apartment, and my new bathroom makes Darkhan hotel look almost nice. It's weird to think that now I am one of the "experienced" PCVs. The M19s arrived in Mongolia a couple days ago, so I am officially an "old" volunteer.
The past few weeks have been the busiest I have had since training last year. Full of travel to the countryside doing research for a Tourism Value Chain analysis I'm working on, hosting SIT study abroad students and moving. Today I'm headed out to Battsengal to spend several days at the ger camp out there helping out and teaching some basic accounting to the owner. This ger camp is one of my favorites, it was started last year with the help of the PCV in Battsengal, it is a Mercy Corps client, and it also happens to be where I go riding when I go to Battsengal, so I'm excited to help them out and hopefully get a lot of riding in this week! Next week I head to Bulgan soum to visit another ger camp, and then shortly after that up to Darkhan to help with training. Where does the time go?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI
How are you?
Yes,the time passes so fast.
well,HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
BEST RIGARDS

Anonymous said...

My name is Maysam,not Minooka.
I will leave comments on your blog by the name of((MAYSAM)).
THANK YOU VERY MUCH

samraat said...

sangambayard-c-m.com