Thursday, November 29, 2007

What Was Lost Has Now Been Found

I had the most amazing experience today that reaffirmed my absolute love of this country. My cell phone and the bag I left in the mikr last night have been returned to me. I went into the office to tell Uunee what had happened, and she was so helpful. She immediately got on the phone and started calling people, asking me what the driver and car looked like and eventually she walked with me to the delguur in my apartment. We spoke with the woman there and found out that the wife of the driver has a delguur over near the hospital, so we went there. The delguur was closed but we walked around and peered through the hashaa fence, and while the dog was giving a very good shot at mauling us through the fence, we saw the mikr!! So we Mongol-style pounded on the gate and eventually one of the little girls came out, then her mom came out holding my bag!! I was so excited. I told her I thought my phone might be in the mikr, and we looked and there it was! This country is so amazing; everyone was trying really hard to help the stupid American who left her stuff in the mikr. And I'm convinced that my chat with Buddha that morning was also helpful.

1 comment:

samraat said...

sangambayard-c-m.com