Sunday, June 3, 2007

Korea

Today we are in Seoul, Korea. We got in last night around 5, and stayed in a hotel near the airport. We are actually in Incheon, not Seoul, but it is an hour bus ride into the city. Today I am going on a tour of Incheon that goes to the beach, the fish market and I think a temple. We flew in on Korean Air, an airline which I would recommend to anyone. The service was so much better than on any of the American airlines, and they even served us wine with our first dinner (we got two). Last night some people went in to Seoul, but a bunch of us stayed around the hotel for dinner. I went to a little place not far from here, and had a rice and vegetable dish. It was really good, and I'm thinking it will be the last wide variety of vegetables I will see for some time. Tonight we arrive in Ulaanbaatar at around 11pm and then we will stay in a Ger camp for a couple nights. I'm glad that we had this stopover in Korea, because it gave us a chance to adjust to the time change. It is 13 hours difference here, and 12 in Mongolia, so I am already adjusted, which is great! Going through customs here was kind of funny, we couldn't check our bags all the way through because of our long layover, so when the customs man saw that I had put down that I'm staying one night in Korea, and then he looked at my 100+ lbs of luggage, and looked back at me and asked quite skepticaly, "how long are you staying?"

1 comment:

samraat said...

sangambayard-c-m.com